Thursday, March 26, 2009

idol chatter

It's been a few weeks since I last gave my 2 cents on American Idol and I decided that I couldn't hold it in any longer.

First, I would like to say that overall I am very disappointed this year.

I've been watching American Idol for several years now and have noticed a trend. The show definitely has ON years and they have OFF years.

Don't get me wrong, there are talented singers on the show this year. It's just lacking that -- I don't know -- how would Uncle Simon say it, "X-factor" that makes stars pop.

To quote Randy, "It was just alright for me." "Dawg."

Anyway, there are a few people who jump out at me as potential winners.

I love Allison!



She's got a lot of confidence (without being cocky) and can really belt it out!

Plus, she's only 16, which I find kind of hard to believe and amazing.

I'm also rooting for Kris



He did a great job last night and, I hope, will sneak along for awhile longer.

Who do I think will be voted off tonight...hmm.

I'm going to have to go with Scott. His song was not so great. In fact, I like Scott, but I don't really think his type of music (soft rock/elevator style) is right for this show. He's a good singer, but not a great singer.



American Idol demands great singers.

If not Scott, then Michael. Again, good but not great.



We'll see. Alexis was a complete shock to me last week, so I'm not beyond being surprised.

Mostly, though, I just miss Jason and Brooke.

Oh yeah, and David.

Musical, wonderful David.

*sigh*

Listen and remember. I think this was his best performance last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails