Thursday, March 12, 2009

suffocating in my winter coat

I think the thing that I liked best about being in Florida over this past week was how light I felt.

There was a tremendous freedom (physically and emotionally) in being able to leave the house with just the clothes on my back...

...no winter coat

...no 180s

...no gloves

...no boots

I love flip-flops, t-shirts, and capri pants.

One thing I don't love, however, is the 20 minutes it took me every morning to coat myself in SPF 70.

But I'm less troubled by spending time smearing sunblock than I would be by skin cancer, so there you go.

Of course, in all things there is a happy medium.

I missed last Friday's 'Favorite Thing Friday,' so I'm doing a quick post-vacation catch up version now.

For those of you, like me, who need some SPFs, but are in a hurry to get into the sun, please welcome

Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock



A quick spray and you're covered!

I love this stuff!

But.

Based on my experience this past week, I have to give a small disclaimer.

For lots of sun exposure, it really doesn't work as well as a good layer of lotion.

It does work really well, though, for brief times outside or as a touch-up throughout the day.

I hate rubbing lotion on myself with sandy beach hands, so this is perfect. No need to rinse off for the every 90 minute reapplications.

I bought the 4 pack at Costco last summer and used it all the time.

But, until the Cleveland sun shines warm once again, I'll just stick to the Ultra Sheer version for my face.




Nice and light, no breakouts.

Foiled again, skin cancer.

Go sell chemo crazy somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails