Tuesday, March 24, 2009

going to the chapel

Last Saturday, Drew and I were in Philadelphia to celebrate the wedding of my dear friends Jessica and Felix.



Congratulations Jessica and Felix!


Nothing beats the joy of a glowing bride as she walks down the aisle with her father.


Jess and Felix had a truly beautiful ceremony. I'm not sure about you, but I've been to a lot of weddings and after awhile most of them start to blur together.

But not this one.

It was so special and customized to their personalities. You could tell that they both put themselves into selecting the songs, readings, and vows to reflect the tone they desire for their marriage.



I feel so blessed to have another wonderful, Christian couple to count as my friends.

Thanks, Jessica and Felix, for letting us be a part of your beginning!

The reception was held at the Society Hill Dance Academy.



I've actually been to 1 other wedding reception at a dance academy and, let me tell you, it's a great idea! There's lots of dance floor and it's pre-wired for great sound.

What more could you want!

The best part, for me, of going to any wedding is getting to reconnect with friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Drew and I met up with some of our friends from Bucknell that we haven't seen in years.

me, Liz, Katy, and Christopher


Jess and Chris


yea, Becky D!


The cake was really beautiful (and delicous)


Jessica and Felix were kind to each other while eating. I didn't expect anything less, but you never know. :o)



They had -- hands down -- the best 1st dance I've ever seen. Who knew my friends were such good dancers!



Jess and her dad


I love that Felix was taking pictures with his own camera all day. He asked Drew and I if he could get a photo with us! How great is that!



Felix sent Jess on a scavenger hunt for these tiles when he asked her to marry him. So sweet!


It was a lovely day and I wish them all the best!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pics from Jess' wedding!!! I love getting a peek into your life through this blog. It's a way for me to still feel connected to you both. Thanks for taking time to update!!! Khia:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first picture. You guys look great! I used to live and work in Philly for years. I miss it, but not enough to move back. It is a fun town for a weekend though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails