Friday, March 13, 2009

favorite thing friday

Drew and I are a family of 2. One great thing about this is the fact that a lot of times I'm running into Target or the grocery store to just pick up a few things.

I often don't need a cart (and if I get one I WILL fill it up), but hate those thin handled baskets the stores provide.

For the first 3 years of our marriage, this was just an unfortunate part of life.

Do I get a cart and impulse shop?
Do I use a basket and dig trenches in my hands?

Then, last spring, my mother-in-law, Linda, gave me a wonderful Easter "basket"



This little basket has changed. my. life.

I wish I was kidding.

My collapsible market tote is so convenient (and super cute, to boot).



It has a fabulous cushioned handle that swings down out of the way for loading/unloading and a zipper pocket on the inside. I always slip my wallet in it when I'm shopping without a purse.

Most of the time, I just leave it in the trunk of my car for when I need to run into the store.

Sometime I bring it in the house to haul stuff around -- it's so much easier than carrying the soda cans up from the basement 3-4 at a trip.



During my bi-weekly larger grocery trips, I'll even put it in the cart to fill when I check out along with my reusable bags. It holds so much more than plastic bags!



After our first few months together I found it so useful that I convinced my Mom and sisters to get one for themselves --- we're all believers now.



Before you spend $40 at Sur La Table for one (although I would totally pay that if I had no other options), check TJ Maxx/Home Goods. Erin and I found some there 1 day for $10!

In the spirit of full disclosure, I do have to give 1 warning.

If you get one be prepared for heads to turn and compliments to fall at your feet.

I've never had as many conversations with strangers in the store than I have in the past 12 months over my basket.

Everyone loves it and wants one!

Plus it makes me feel like Dorothy.



Childhood dream #5...check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails