Saturday, February 7, 2009

it's been ages

Today I was in a department store doing a little shopping and I saw something I haven't seen in ages. I was waiting in line to pay for my items when the woman in front of my pulled out her checkbook to pay.
I was shocked.

I haven't seen someone write a check...

by hand...

while in the store...

for, no kidding, years.

She even had her own pen!

It was kind of fun to see someone kicking it old school like that.

But, after that first moment of nostalgia, I did get a little impatient.
It seemed to take forever.

There's getting it all out of the purse, then the actual writing, then the driver's license checking, the signing, and finally the handover.



15 minutes later she was finished and on her way.

I swiped my credit card in 10 seconds.

Sometimes progress is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails