Tuesday, February 17, 2009

staking a claim

I love to bake. Especially cupcakes.

In fact, one of my favorite websites is the Cupcake Blog, which, sadly, is no longer being updated. You can still check it out for some great recipes! The author has a new website that features all kinds of dessert recipes, check it out here.

Baking is fun for me (and I love eating sweets).

See, I've always loved cupcakes.



Drew likes him some cupcakes too (with milk).



I also like bringing baked goods with me when I visit people. It makes them happy and they tend to invite me back.

However, since Drew and I decided to take it easy on the processed sugar I've scaled back on my baking significantly.

This weekend I decided to break out the Kitchen-Aid mixer again to make some cupcakes to share with my co-workers and bible study group. It seemed like torture to fill the house with delicious cupcake smells and then not let Drew have any, so I told him that he could keep one for himself and I'd take the rest with me.

Apparently he thought I was going to rescind my cupcake offer, so he took the necessary precautions.





I'm not exactly sure who he was concerned would eat his cupcake, considering it's just the 2 of us here, but it worked.
24 hours later:
Cupcake safe, mission accomplished.

Enjoy a cupcake with your sweetie today!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny!
    Thanks for the sweet note you left on my blog.
    Hope all is well!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendell and I had cupcakes as our dessert on V-day. Red Velvet cupcakes are the best in DC, hands down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails