Tuesday, February 24, 2009

oscar, oscar

Drew and I watched the Academy Awards on Sunday. We had mixed feelings.

By far our strongest sentiment was...

...how do they make it so LONG?!

After awhile Drew and I took a break to do something else and came back to watch the recorded version and fast forward through the commercials and boring speeches. Excellent plan.

One fun thing about the Oscars is seeing what everyone is wearing. I'm always surprised at how tacky some of the designer gowns are! Don't the stars have stylists to advise them?

If I paid someone $1000s to advise me on what to wear, then I became a Fashion Don't, I'd have a fit.

Let me know if you don't agree, but I think it is ridiculous.


And this.


And this. Oh my.


There were some winners, though!


I think this might be the first year that I have actually seen several of the most talked about movies. It's a lot more fun to watch the awards when you know a little bit about the movies that everyone is talking about.

All in all, it's fun to watch, but the next time I have the choice between 'Oscars' I'm going with this one





Or maybe even this one

1 comment:

  1. Beyonce looks like she is trying to become the Oscar trophy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails