Thursday, February 26, 2009

idol chatter

I'm so glad that American Idol is back on! I've been watching for the past few weeks, patiently waiting to get through the auditions (which I like in small doses, but can't take for weeks at a time) until we started hearing from the real singers.
All of Tatiana's drama aside (I don't even want to go there)...I think we're getting down to some great talent.

Or I should say, I thought that we were getting down to some great talent.

Until I saw last night's show.
And had to fast forward on my DVR through some of the more painful performances.

What's going on this season??

The show was painfully kind of boring and the singing (with 1 or 2 exceptions) was TERRIBLE.

In my humble opinion.

I mean, who's helping these kids pick their songs? It sounds like they're getting suggestions from a Cracker Jack box, instead of from the music professionals who claim to run this show.

All frustrations aside, there were some good points!

Here are my predictions for who gets into the Top 12 tonight:

Megan Joy Corkrey


I loved her! She was so different and confident. I'm excited to see what else she brings to the show.

Adam Lambert


I wasn't necessarily impressed with what he did last night, but I know (from Hollywood week) that he has potential. He's also ok to look at, which the young girls (read: voters) will love.

One problem I have with him is his identity crisis. He's somewhere between Pete Wentz (rocker) and Nick Jonas (teeny-bopper). I'm not exactly sure what falls between these 2 extremes...and I'm not sure that Adam does either. That could become a problem.


Allison Iraheta



I also loved her! She's got a unique sound and isn't afraid to just be herself. I'm concerned she might go the way of Amanda Overmeyer (from Season 7). We'll see.

These are my predictions -- watch with me tonight and see who makes it!
Who do YOU like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails