Thursday, February 19, 2009

personal makeover


Ok, it's just a haircut, not a makeover.

But I really needed one.

It also cost more than $5, but was still a bargain (in my opinion).

I've lived in Shaker Heights for 18 months now and still have not found a salon that I love.

Until last week.

My criteria for a great salon are pretty basic, I think.

Let's see:

1) It absolutely cannot cost more than $50 for a haircut
2) I don't want to drive hours out of my way
3) There need to be available appointments that are convenient for me
4) They must do a good eyebrow wax at the same appointment. I don't have the time or inclination to have beauty treatments scheduled all over town.

I thought these were reasonable requests until I tried meeting them.

The first place I tried had mailed me a coupon for a free(!) haircut, so of course I made an appointment. They were wonderful!

And prohibitively expensive (glad I asked what the price would have been!) Boo.

The second place I tried met my first 3 criteria, but couldn't do a brow wax to save themselves. Who has the client sit straight up while they're being waxed?! Double boo.

I went there for several haircuts and elsewhere for my brows, but this wasn't a reasonable long-term solution.

Last Friday I had off from work and decided to try a new place. I called and they got me in right away (score!) and, based on their website, the price was right.

I went and met with Kaitlyn -- who was very nice -- and she started my appointment with the most thorough brow wax I've ever had! She waxed and plucked and trimmed, repeat.

She had me at hello.

It only got better from there when we went to the shampoo and cut. She did a great job!

So great, in fact, that I did something I never do and made an appointment for another cut in 8 weeks.

If you're ever in the Cleveland area and need a haircut (or really great brow wax), Kaitlyn at Laus Deo Salon is your girl!

Oh, yeah, the haircut. Here it is. My hair was below my shoulders and all one length before.
What do you think?



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails