Friday, August 23, 2013

the last week of summer

Asher starts back at preschool on Monday, so we've been soaking in the last week of summer here!  I went to the Parents' Orientation last night and can't believe he'll be going back to school in just a few days.  Ahhhh!


This week we took a trip to the children's museum since it was raining and our pool plans got the ax.  Asher l-o-v-e-s it there!


Hadley skipped her nap to come along but was excellent anyway.  Color me surprised.  The only problem is that she wants to get down and play now too but I'm not about to let my baby get trampled by the big kids.  There is a baby play area so we went in there for a few minutes to let her have some fun.  Asher wasn't technically supposed to come inside the baby area, but I couldn't leave him alone somewhere else so we broke the rules.  One of several times a day I wish I had a clone - ha!


On Tuesday Drew and I rearranged the living room and set up some gates to give H a safe (and contained) place to play.  This little miss is ON THE MOVE and getting into everything - including cabinets and outlets - so she and I needed her in one place.  She's checking the perimeter for weaknesses and will report back.


We went to play with some friends and when I glanced in the back Hadley was holding on for dear life.  Bless her - mama is a crazy driver I guess!


Asher was "helping" me get ready the other day and decided to try on these heels.  When I asked what he was doing he said this...


haha - boys!

I made my first ever shorts and shirt set for Asher!  I have a plan for his back to school outfit (yikes, that's on Monday gotta get going on it) but didn't want to make my first pair of shorts out of "nice" fabric so I did a trial pair on this inexpensive gingham.  Still super cute and they were SO easy.


While my machine was humming I made a football shirt for Asher's friend Jake who's birthday party is on Sunday.  I love giving a special shirt for the birthday mom kid and also a toy, since, despite the cuteness kids could often care less.  ha!


Poor Hadley picked up a cold on all of our adventures (I can't wait until she stops putting every blessed thing in her mouth - this is germ city) and has been so miserable the past 2 nights.  Wait, that's makes two of us.  We sent this picture to Daddy at 11:30 Wednesday night.


Daddy comes home tonight and we're excited to have the weekend with him!  Hadley is wearing her celebratory best - cha cha cha!


Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails