Monday, August 26, 2013

back in the saddle

Is it just me or did this summer go crazy fast?  Already, it's back to school day!


Asher is actually going to a new preschool this year, so even though he went to school last year this feels like a brand new experience for us.  We loved his old school but for a bunch of reasons decided this new place will be best for him right now.  


He is really excited to meet his new teachers, Ms. Mary and Ms. Dawn.  I know he's also going to make a lot of new friends and learn, learn, learn.



I can't believe it's been a whole year since I sent this tiny guy off to his first ever time away from me.  waaahhhh.  The years really do fly by.


Oh my goodness, seeing this picture right next to the ones from today make me seriously sad.  Asher is getting so big - where did my baby go?

(he's up there mommy)


Last year Hadley wasn't here to participate in the first day of school festivities, but today she is!  Miss H isn't going anywhere too far from me, but she needed a little back to school outfit too.


Asher didn't even mind sitting with her to get their photos taken - I think he'll miss her this morning.  


or maybe not.  ha!


I love this boy so much.  I've said it before, but this is my blog so I can say it again - I can't believe he's already in Pre-K 3s.  Such a big boy in my house these days!


Daddy and I love you Asher and are so, so proud of the big kid you're becoming!  


Our prayer for Asher today and every day.


Here's to a wonderful school year for all the kiddos (and their parents) starting back!  A special shout out to my sister who's a teacher and my nephew Owen who's starting 4th grade (!!) today. Love you both!

----------------------------

{to those who are wondering - I did make both kids' outfits.  This was my 2nd time making shorts and they are so easy!  The material is from here and I'm in love with it.  Who can resist a little boy in madras?  The appliqués for both kids are from here.  Now that I've gotten a taste of how adorable coordinating A and H can be I may never go back!  ha!}

1 comment:

  1. I hope he had a great first day. Their matching outfits are adorable. Loving the pics of them together and I feel ya, I looked at kaylees pic from last year and the one from this year and I can't believe how much she's grown

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails