Wednesday, August 7, 2013

his teeth, her height, and a little swimming

If summer's a hurricane, then the eye of it was over us last week.  Luckily our little vessel stayed on course and we're still chugging along!  First up, a dentist appointment for Asher.


He did so well!  I take him to a pediatric dentist, but after 2 unimpressive visits (on their part) we are finding someone new.  I like that they have cartoons showing in the treatment rooms - Asher needs distraction - but I do NOT like that when he was reluctant to open wide they were clearly exasperated with him and simply said "open up!  come on, open up!"  I mean, really?  It's a kids' dentist for pete's sake...surely, SURELY they have had nervous patients before.  I expected them to have better tools to deal with children but they don't so we're going elsewhere.  Minor rant, sorry, but they made me MAD.

Hadley didn't like how her brother was treated either.


At any rate, Asher did get his teeth brushed with the "big boy" dental brush and got a clean bill of health - no cavities, yay!

After the dentist Hadley got her turn when she went to the pediatrician for her 9 month check up.  She also got a great report!


(and made a new friend)

Haddie is a tiny peanut with her height, weight, and head circumference all coming in at the 4th percentile.  Her doc assures me she is healthy, just on the small side.


She is doing great on all of her physical milestones and everyone is impressed with her ab strength.  Sister sits straight up and leaves all those around her in amazement.  It's actually kind of funny that her doctor mentioned it because every time I pick her up from the church nursery and YMCA child care it's the FIRST thing the care givers mention.  Not how cute or well tempered she is, it's "Wow.  She has strong abs."  hahaha!

No shots this time so we were aces all around.

After all our appointments we had to stop at the grocery store and Miss H sat up in the cart for the 1st time!  She is getting far too grown up and handled it like it was no big deal at all.  Asher loved being able to walk next to us and hang on the cart a bit.  :-)


Last week Asher also started swim lessons!  We've been swimming a lot this summer but Drew and I both knew it would be good for A to get some official lessons in.  He goes Monday-Thursday for 2 weeks.  The first lesson was tough.  Even though I sit right there and watch Asher has a hard time going with new adults (which I get).


After that first time he did wonderfully and even got an A+ in bubble blowing.  :-)

On Monday his teacher, Miss Sue, wasn't there and Asher had a complete meltdown.  What can I say, the kid doesn't roll with change very well.  Eek.  Yesterday she was back and Ash was SO excited to see her.  I guess they really got close during those first 4 lessons?  ha!


He has made a lot of progress, so now I need to find somewhere for him to continue lessons through the winter...

After swim lessons Asher and I do some one-on-one swim time while Hadley plays with the babies in the Y child care center.  It's so nice that A and I have this time together!  He (predictably) loves it when we drop H off.  I'm getting her out of the stroller in the hallway and Asher runs up to the baby gate in the doorway and yells, "Here she is!  NAME'S HADDIE!".  The care takers can't see me so, of course when I get to the door they're all staring like "who is this crazy kid??"  ha!


We've been running, running and wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

  1. That makes me so frustrated about the dentist! We're going today and I'm lucky we have a good one. Make sure to contact them. Dr. Dave is great but it's the assistants that are stellar. They try a few different things to get kiddos to open up (Lily's turned out to be "show me your tongue!" and they wrote that down in her chart for the next time) and they give her space when she's clearly overwhelmed, which rarely happens there. She's actually excited to go today!
    And your little peanut is insanely adorable. I can't get over how precious she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally crack me with the "Here she is. Name's Haddie!" Bahaha! I would have lost it right then and there. Eww on that dental office. I hope you find something much much better! ...and I know I've said it before, but I absolutely love tiny peanut babies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails