Thursday, May 23, 2013

his last day

Today is Asher's last day of preschool.  My little big guy finished a whole year of school already - I can't believe it.


It really seems like just yesterday I was taking him in for his first day.


When I took pictures in September I didn't expect to see much difference in May, but he has grown a lot!  Look how much smaller his backpack looks now!  {sad}

                                                {sept 4, 2012}                {may 23, 2013}

No, seriously, look how much closer his head is to the doorbell now.  Exactly how much did this boy grow in 9 months??  It's like he started the year as a toddler and now he's a boy.  Ok, I'm actually getting sad...moving on.


Going to school has been great for Asher.  It's given him a ton of confidence and a new sense of independence.  He loves coming home to tell me all the fun stuff he did that morning.


And he loves talking about his friends.  He's such a social butterfly.  :-)


I don't think he truly understands that school is ending for the summer.  I hope we do ok together full time again - ha!


I feel, without a doubt, like starting A in school this year was the best choice for him.  He's all signed up for a 3 day a week program next year and I know he'll thrive in it like he did this year!


I'm glad some things haven't changed - he still loves to hold my hand.  :-)


Way to go on finishing your first year of school, Asher!  You are doing amazing things already - just don't be in too big a hurry to grow up, ok?



Daddy and I are so proud of you!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad his first year went well!! We can't wait to try again in the fall and praying for a better experience. These littles are growing up way too fast. For whatever reason I'm more sad about C getting bigger than I am about Nolan haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness he really did grow! So crazy! Meyer is in MDO all summer and starts preschool in the fall but I'm kind of worried about next summer when he's just home again. I hope I can keep him entertained:)

    Happy summer momma, A and H!!! Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you put his name directly on his shirt for his first day -- made it easy for his teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute - he definitely has grown a ton! I was shocked by how much Ava grew this past year from October to May when she was in school, too - three to four is apparently a major growth spurt!!!

    And where do you get all his clothes?! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails