Monday, November 5, 2012

hadley's room {nursery tour}

Finally!  I've been waiting and waiting to share Hadley's finished nursery with you all!  Now that she's here and her name is out of the bag I can show all the details in the room that make it hers.

As you peek in the nursery from the hall...


Her crib with the skirt and quilt I made... 


I decided to hang the canvas I painted on the small bit of wall next to the window and above the tall dresser.  It fits there really well and helps break up the gray wall and pink explosion curtains.  ha!


Above the crib is a frame that I found at the Raleigh flea market and re-painted.  Inside the frame is her monogram that I bought here and painted white.  I love the way this simple project turned out!  


On the other side of the window is the glider and ottoman.  It's so comfortable and fits me perfectly!  The pink blanket on the back of the chair is a gorgeously soft cover that my Mom crocheted for Hadley.  I love that both she and Asher have special blankets from their Grammy.  


The ribbon mobile hangs above the chair - Hadley hasn't noticed it just yet, but I know soon she'll be riveted.  :-)



How cute is this little bird lamp?  I wanted something sweet, but small, for the nightstand and this birdie sang out to me in Home Goods one day {love that place!}.


Opposite the rocking chair is the long dresser with a changing pad on top.  This is what we did {and are still doing} for Asher and it works great.  The changing pad is attached to the back of the dresser so it's completely secure, but also removable when the days of diapers are behind us.

There will be a day when diapers are behind us, right?  Right?


Also on that side of the room is H's bow holder.  Can't wait to fill it up!


Above the dresser is a piece of art I bought from this store on Etsy.  Ashlie recommended them and now I do too!  I just love, love this piece.  It totally makes the room and is something I hope Hadley will use in her room for a long time to come.


In this world of "sassy" attitude t-shirts for little girls, I wanted to choose a Bible verse to display in Hadley's room that spoke of what God craves for her.

She {Hadley} is clothed in strength and dignity
and she laughs without fear of the future.
Proverbs 31:25

I love the word dignity - it's so absent in our culture of shallowness and insecurity {especially for women}.  I always want my daughter to think she's beautiful, but even more than that I want to fill her mind with the other wonderful and valuable things she brings to this world.

You are smart, Hadley.  You're a thoughtful friend and a caring sister.  You are funny and lovely and have a heart that yearns to serve others.  You are so important - have dignity, have self-respect in the wonderful person God made you to be!

I really can't think of anything that I want more for my daughter than for her to live a life of strength and dignity and to have laughter without worry about her future.  Hopefully this sign that we look at and talk about daily will help to instill some of this in her.

This room was so fun to put together and also a labor of love over the past few months.  Does Hadley know the difference?  Absolutely not - but I spend a lot of time in here and enjoy it immensely!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her nursery! it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! You did great on her room!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great! I love the navy! It's still girly, but nice not having everything pink, pink, pink. I also LOVE the sign!!! They are fixing to make another one for Presley's new big girl room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nursery, love the colors. Is that a Little Castle glidder? If so do you know what the color of fabric is called?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails