Tuesday, November 20, 2012

hadley fern {3 weeks}

Miss Hadley, you are 3 weeks old!


Is it just me or is 3 weeks awfully close to a month old?  That's so hard to believe!  I feel like we are slowly getting settled into our new normal here.  Daddy is back at work and Mommy is doing her best to wrangle both you and your brother.  It goes well most of the time. :-)

You are such a wonderful baby!  You're very calm and content to go with the flow.  That's a great temparment for a little sister to have since there are some times I just can't get to you immediately.


Last Tuesday we went for your 2 week doctor's visit and learned that you gained over a pound since we left the hospital - wow!!

Your stats as of November 13th {2 weeks and 3 days old}:

weight:  7 pounds, 9 ounces {25%}
length:  20" {32%}
head circumference:  13.5" {18%}

Even the pediatrician commented on how calm you were during the exam.  My sweet, chill girl.


You are also a great eater.  I was able to breastfeed Asher for 12 months and I hope to do the same or more for you.  So far, so good!  You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and often have a 4-5 hour stretch between feedings from 1-5am.


You're still in the sleepy newborn {daytime} stage, but you're also in the wide awake night owl stage.  Basically that means you eat then sleep all day, but once 10pm rolls around you are WIDE awake until 1am or so.  This is the hardest time for me because by them I'm exhausted and oh-so-ready for bed myself.  Here's hoping you transition to an earlier bedtime in the next few weeks!  When you do sleep it's in your crib.  I seriously considered having you in our room, but this is working out best for us.


Poor Hadley, you had your first cold this week.  In fact, you're still struggling with it.  I had hoped that the breastmilk would protect you from the germs that Asher brings home from preschool, but so such luck.  Your tiny nose has been completely stuffed up and that's made both eating and sleeping hard.  We got in some extra snuggles, a cool humidifier, and lots of sneezes and you're doing much better.  Propped up on the Boppy was your favorite way to relax when my arms weren't available.  :-)


Big brother gave you a hug yesterday!  He is still a little nervous around you and usually chooses not to hold you just yet.  We're working on him.  :-)  He is very sweet about helping me with you, though.  Asher loves to get you a pacifier, grabs diapers for me, and pats your arm when you cry.  He also has lots of good ideas of what to do with you when he'd like attention.  Often I'm instructed to be "all done baby."  ha!


Hadley Fern, you are such a joy to all of us.  We're excited to celebrate your first Thanksgiving in 2 days!  I know what I'm thankful for this year.  xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to believe that our little girls are almost a month old, how did that happen. She is too cute and sounds like you all are doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails