Tuesday, November 6, 2012

day one

Hadley's birth day was 10 days ago.  It still feels like just yesterday.  Here's a few pics from our first hours together.  Hadley was born in a quick 2 hours of active labor and 2 pushes so when she was born everything felt like a whirlwind.


Sweet Hadley was welcomed in such a rush that she forgot to breathe for a few seconds.  After they rushed her over to the warming table she perked right up and let them know how she felt about being away from me!



After getting warmed up H came back and I got my first good look at her.  She has lots of black hair and is so, so gorgeous.


Miss H started nursing like a champ and didn't stop for an hour or so.  After that she got sleepy and relaxed on and off for the whole day - mostly in her Grammy's arms.  :-)


Once we got moved into the recovery room Hadley got a few visitors.  Her PopPop has excited to meet her!


Her big brother, not so much.  Asher was nervous around her and wanted nothing to do with sitting next to us on my bed.  I wonder if the hospital setting unsettled him a bit.  I was dressed and tried to look "normal" but it was obviously a weird scenario for him.  I expected this and didn't push him at all. We have lots of time to get these 2 together.  :-)



He did really love the present Hadley gave him, though!


After everyone left Drew, H, and I had some bonding time.  She was back awake and decided to eat all through the night!  We didn't get much rest, but that's ok.  I was dealing with some major bleeding issues and wasn't going to sleep anyway.


All in all an amazing and great first day.  Happy Birth Day Hadley Fern!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great first day. I cant believe our little beauties are already 10 days old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet! Glad labor was 'easy' for you! Congrats again mama of 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything went so smoothly!! Love the picture of her looking up at you, ahh, melt my heart!!

    Hope everything is still going just as smoothly at home :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails