Monday, May 23, 2011

splashing around

Now that the weather is getting warmer Drew and I have wanted to get Asher a splash table to enjoy.  We had some free time yesterday afternoon and went over to Toys R Us to pick one out!




The two things A loves most are

1) being outside
2) getting wet

This accomplishes both!



The table we found has a bunch of great features than spin and squirt - Asher is in heaven!  He's a very serious guy when he's exploring, so it doesn't look like he's having fun, but he really is - I promise!



I asked him to turn and smile and got this face


Mom, I'm busy.

At one point Drew was showing him how to make the gears turn.


You can practically see Ash's gears turning while he takes it all in - love him!!


We also found him these water shoes.  I wanted something that would protect his toes from deck splinters, but would dry out quickly.  Toys R Us had these on sale for $5 - perfect!
 

Next time we'll put more water in the basin.  Today we were just trying to see how much he'd like it.

I did finally get a {small} smile towards the end - yay!


And yes, his hair and face are wet because he leaned waaaay over the edge and put his face in the water.  That's swim lessons for you!  {his instructor keeps encouraging the kids to put their faces in the pool and blow bubbles - Asher is top in the class and got major props from Coach Ron last week}

I have a feeling I'll be hauling lots of water buckets out to the deck this summer.

2 comments:

  1. If it keeps raining the water table with be overflowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes and how into it he is! I found Jack a sandbox for the patio that we're going to try out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails