Wednesday, May 4, 2011

another year blessed

Yesterday was my birthday!

It was the best one I've had in recent history for a couple of reasons.  First, I was met in the morning by two sweet boys who had cards and gifts for me - yay!


You may wonder, is she 2?  7?  Perhaps 27?

Well, the answer to all of those is - no.

Asher was in charge of picking my birthday cards and these are the ones that caught his eye.

Drew was kind enough to explain this via some special messages inside the cards.

Seen inside my Elmo card:

Mom,
Isn't this card great?  I picked it for you because you are great.  It's your birthday and I love you.
Asher

What can I say - I cried.  Asher loves Elmo and me.  Doesn't get much better than that!

Then my card for a very special 7 year old.

Drew wrote me a note that I won't share here, but I will include the postscript to help explain....

ps - I know you're 29, but I swear you look the same as before you had the baby. 

{that'd be when I was 27}


hahahaha - thanks Drew!  I love you too!

The boys gave me a fantastic Vera Bradley case for my sunglasses.  I just love the red, black, and white pattern.



The next thing that made my birthday extra special was the weather.  Yesterday was perfect - sunny, breezy, and right around 80.  Asher and I headed to an outdoor shopping center to find my birthday gift and enjoy some sunshine.  Ash loves to be outside and is happy to endure a little shopping when he gets fresh air after each store.  :-)

Adding birthday luck to the mix - I found a purse that I've been searching for over the past few months.  My parents-in-law gave me money for my birthday to use on the purse when I found the bag.  I hoped that my birthday would bring the luck I needed and it did!

Look at this little beauty I found in the Michael Kors outlet.  LOVE it!  It's exactly what I've been searching for - black, braided handle, grommets, the whole deal.  Yay birthday!



Then, adding wonder to amazement, Asher fell asleep in his stroller for about 45 minutes while we were shopping and fell back asleep in his crib when we got home for another 1.5 hours.  WOW!  Happy birthday to me.  Thanks Asher!

Last night topped off the birthday celebrations with cupcakes {ate them before photos, sorry} and a cookie cake.  Drew knew that I'd been craving cookie cake and he made it happen.  Sooo delicious!!


I have to say that all of these birthday treats are extra special to me because I know how hard it is for Drew to get out and do any shopping at all.  He works really hard and has very little free time.  The fact that he spent that time on me is so thoughtful and loving.

I love you Drew and Asher!  You boys are the best thing that's ever happened to me by far.  Here's to spending many, many more birthdays together!

8 comments:

  1. Coooookie cake!! Yum! Looks like a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet (and hooray for good shopping and yummy desserts)! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah cookie cake!
    I love the sunglasses case too, mine is like that but just boring black.
    Glad you had a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! It looks like your fellows gave you an extra special day! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet!!! Happy (belated now) birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday! sounds like you had THE perfect day! ...an MK purse and Asher taking a second nap at home... that perfection doesn't happen very often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe! I love it! Happy birthday!!! That really was nice of Asher to take two naps on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful day! What nice boys you have in your life! I'll have to make sure Jack gets that napping memo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails