Monday, May 16, 2011

hello out there!

Helllllooo, anybody out there?  Anyone still check in with this little ole blog?  We took an unexpected break last week, but now we're back!  The end of the week and weekend were pretty busy for the W family {plus there was that weird Blogger crash on Friday}.

Drew and I had our first overnight away from Asher on Saturday.  Oh my!  Drew's cousin, Tommy, was getting married in New Jersey, so my parents generously offered to come and stay with Asher so we could have a night away.  We knew he'd be in great hands, but I was a little nervous to be away from him.  He did amazing!  In fact, I don't think he missed us at all.  The night time was a little rough, but over the day Asher had so much fun with Grammy and PopPop he didn't even look for us.  That's great, I guess.  :-)

More photos and details from their fun weekend together later!

Bright and early Saturday morning Drew and I hit the road heading north. 


It was a gray, drizzly day, but we tried to enjoy our road trip.  The best part?  Hands down, it was not having to stop to change diapers.  When we stopped I was - get this - able to use the bathroom myself!  Wow!


Now that's what I call a vacation.

While I was getting ready for the wedding I realized that I'd forgotten to bring a hand mirror.  They say that necessity is the mother of invention, so what did I do?  Took a photo of myself in the large mirror and checked my hair via the photo review screen, of course.


Good enough for me!

On our way to the church we passed a little gem I'm pretty sure you will only find in New Jersey. 


Surely everyone loves Thai-Irish cuisine.  What they serve I can only guess - corned beef pad thai, anyone?

Once we got to the church I was completely blown away by how ornate and beautiful the sanctuary was.  It reminded me of the frescoes we saw in the cathedrals in Italy.



The bride and groom were so happy the whole day!  I just love to be a part of a wedding celebration!



Drew's brothers were all able to come to the wedding as well so we had a great time catching up with them.



Hi Chris and Lisa!


Matt and Ali are getting married in {almost exactly} one year from now.  We can't wait!  Over the weekend, Ali asked me if I would be one of her bridesmaids and of course I said yes! 


Ali, you are so sweet to ask me - I'm honored and thrilled to be able to stand up with you and be a part of your special day.  :-)

Tommy and Jen's reception was held such a beautiful spot looking over at the New York City skyline. 



Photo op!



Can you see Lady Liberty?  I only had my little camera, so the quality is awful, but she was much closer than it seems here!


As the night wore on the skyline lit up and we just had to get a few more photos outside {despite the fact that it was freezing!




Such a fun weekend of seeing family and celebrating a new couple starting their life together!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a fun weekend! The Thai O'Brien's is hilarious!

    I'm going on my first trip sans Cooper (and, hubby!) next weekend to Boston. I'm nervous but excited! Cooper will be with daddy so everything will be fine! :) Coop's teeth probably won't be brushed twice a day while I'm gone but he'll survive! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea for checking your hair without a hand mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times! Although I cannot believe this was your very first time away from Asher! My parents keep Eli for the weekend probably once every three months! Of course, we miss him like crazy (and it's sometimes just for one night), but it's also really nice to have an adults-only break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still read all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the Wilkinson {and soon-to-be} girl's dresses were so pretty! I won't ask where you got your dress...I might be tempted to go get it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your posts! and certainly missed them while you were gone. I thought it was because of the weird blogger thing on Friday.

    ha I love New Jersey. and I love the Wilkinsons! but don't worry I love you all more and for different reasons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a beautiful wedding and what a nice little getaway!!!! :) Glad things went well with Asher. Grandparents are the BEST babysitters while Mommy & Daddy are away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still here! :) I feel like people aren't keeping up with writing or reading blogs (I know I'm not). But I guess that's life with a toddler! I do read all your posts though, even if I don't always comment!

    That's great that you and Drew were able to have a night to yourselves. I look forward to the day when I can have a mom's night out and maybe see a movie or go to dinner without Jack. I love him dearly but we all need a break every now and then. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails