Sunday, May 8, 2011

moms rock

At least, Asher thinks his does.


How awesome is this shirt that Drew's mom sent for A?  It was all the rage in the nursery at church this morning.  The workers loved it!  ha ha!


The boys met me with hugs and a gift this morning.


I've been trying to make more vegetarian meals {but didn't really know where to start} so Drew and Asher got me this HUGE vegetarian cookbook.  I'm so excited to flip through it and start cooking meatless a few times a week!


The message in church this morning was so encouraging.  The minister spoke on how, as mothers, we influence our children in great and, often, unrealized ways.  We have an amazing opportunity {and responsibility} to instill God's word and instructions in their lives.  Mothers can teach their kids from birth about how Jesus loves us and want good and amazing things for us!  Yay!

My small group leader shared a bible verse with me the other day that I think sums up motherhood for me in a challenging - and encouraging! - way.

Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.                  
1 Peter 5:2-4

What an awe-inspiring blessing and responsibility it is to have these little ones entrusted to our care.  My prayer every day is that I will raise Asher to be a man after God's own heart.  To have him know and love God would be my life's greatest joy.

Speaking of great joys, these ladies fit the bill!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom {Asher's Grammy}


and Drew's mom {Asher's Grandma}


who raised each of us to able to love each other and our children.  You are both a continual blessing in our lives.  We love you!

4 comments:

  1. you do totally rock! :) happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I'm looking forward to reading all about your weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails