Thursday, May 5, 2011

just a closer ride with thee

A few months ago Asher got his first Nativity.  We wanted a way to teach him about the true meaning of Christmas that was age appropriate and accessible to him.  Luckily for us, Little People makes a Nativity set!

After the holiday was over I packed up the Nativity with the intention of getting it out with all the other Christmas stuff next December.  The only problem was...our MVP was MIA.   That'd be baby Jesus.  He was missing.  Yikes.

I later found him stuffed into the top of a helicopter.


Anyway, by the time I discovered this bit of sacrilege the Nativity was long since packed away.  I keep planning to get it back out and put baby Jesus in his rightful home, but well, that hasn't happened yet.

Yesterday Drew asked me if I knew that Asher had thrown baby Jesus into the back of his dump truck. 

Drew Asher put Jesus in the back of a dump truck and is driving him around the living room.  Do you think that's ok?  I mean, Em, Ash didn't even put him in the front.  Shouldn't Jesus be in the driver's seat?



me:  Well, this particular Jesus is a baby and babies sit in the back.  Even Asher knows that much.


Drew:  True.  At least Ash has him rear-facing.  Way to go buddy.


Safety first, baby Jesus, safety first.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny, thanks for the laugh. I can't believe how big he is getting...cuter than ever too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails