Tuesday, May 24, 2011

point of exhaustion

Over the weekend we all got sick.  Nothing major, just a cold, but when everyone in the household is sick at once it feels bigger.  Yesterday morning I woke up feeling 150% better and assumed Asher was too.  Since we were feeling so great I decided to run some errands that got put on the back burner.

Number 1 on our list:  get Asher's hair cut.  This boy gets more hair cuts than I imagined possible, but I really love him with a short cut and hate it when his hair gets all unruly on me.  It was right around the time I had to wrestle him into the salon chair that I realized he might not be feeling as bright and shiny as I was.

Normally getting a trim is no big deal for A.  He sits still, watches the cartoons they have playing, and 10 minutes later we're on our way.  Not so much this time around.  I ended up sitting in the chair with him on my lap and he calmed down pretty much right away. 

After his trim we had to stop at the grocery store, despite the drama over his haircut.  To ease the transition back into his car seat I offered Asher a few animal crackers {his new fav}.

It only took us about 10 minutes to get to the grocery store, but within those few moments Asher fell completely asleep.  Bless his heart!  I guess between the hair ordeal and being sick he was plum worn out - even though it was only 10:30am.


You know it's true exhaustion when a boy doesn't even finish his snack.


Oh sweetness.  :-)


Here's hoping he feels right as rain today!

2 comments:

  1. So precious! I love his hair, too! I have still yet to get Ava a haircut, but judging by the fact it's growing unevenly in the back, I'd say the time is upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm really behind on my blog reading:) So sweet! You really do have to be tuckered out not to finish your snack (noah fell asleep with his hand in the snack trap today)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails