Tuesday, April 19, 2011

sugar and spice

Last weekend I traveled to Cleveland to visit some friends and finally meet a very special little lady.


Perhaps you remember last summer when Asher first learned that his wife-to-be was on her way?


Our great friends, Carl and Karen, welcomed their daughter in January and I've been trying to get to Ohio to meet her ever since.  Other things kept getting in the way, but last weekend it all came together and I was able to get away.


So worth it!  Look at this beautiful, fun girl!


Asher and Drew stayed home so I was able to snuggle with her without someone getting jealous and trying to squeeze in between her body and mine {that Drew is so possessive! ha!}

I was even there for her first time in the Jumparoo - fun!  She seemed really excited to have a viewpoint that didn't involve looking at the ceiling.  Bless her heart!


How adorable are the tiny feet propped up on books - love it!


The only bad part about my visit?  I now have the fever {oh no!}.

How could you not after spending a few days gazing into these eyes?  It takes a harder person than me. 


Thanks for letting me visit friends - you are doing an amazing job of raising Asher's future wife.  ha!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no... the fever!!!
    Do you and Drew have a big plan in that regard? Scott and I have said we'd start getting serious about #2 around Eli's third birthday, but now I'm thinking his 2.5-year birthday (aka next summer) sounds like a better time to start trying!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is super cute! Just think of those gorgeous babies those two would have in the future! :)
    And the fever... oh my! You are brave! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia is a real cutie! Looks like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great to see you!! Come again soon! Ms. Sophia is lucky to have such and awesome future MIL :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails