Tuesday, April 26, 2011

celebrating easter {2011}

Just when you thought the Easter posts were behind us - here we are!

Drew, Asher and I traveled to New Jersey for the weekend to celebrate the holiday with Drew's family.  We had so much fun!


Quick peak of Asher from last Easter - so hard to believe how much he's changed!


On Saturday we all headed over to a lunch with the extended family and just had to show off Asher's Easter duds.  Is he the definition of dapper or what? 




I'm sure some day he'll hate me for dressing him in this outfit, but if not now, when?  ha!


{Of course, the one photo where Asher is smiling with me would be out of focus.  sigh.}

Asher got some really fun Easter treats while we were at the party! 




The plan was for there to be an outdoors egg hunt for the many kiddos, but it was a rainy, yucky day so everything got moved inside.  Asher loved searching for the eggs and throwing them in his bag.  Unfortunately, he got a little enthusiastic and transitioned from collecting eggs to simply cleaning up and started putting toys off the floor into his bag.  Love my little neatnik.  :-)





On Sunday we got up early and headed to church to celebrate the amazing Resurrection!  I love Easter - every year the awe of what happened all those years ago hits me afresh.  Jesus not only died for my sins {my sins!} but rose from the dead 3 days later.  Rose. from. the. grave.  That's crazy and amazing.

YAY!

After church we headed home and Asher opened his Easter basket.   



Well...he received an Easter basket.  Grandma and Grandpa have a bunch of toys that are new to Asher, so he was really distracted by those and didn't care two hoots for the basket of fun stuff that his mama lovingly put together.


Now that we're home he's been enjoying his goodies much more.  :-)



 After lunch Asher got to visit his Great-grandparents and uncle Bob.  Ash has been very stranger shy recently, so getting photos of him with new people is tough - hi Drew!  hi Emily!  We're in all the photos!




Yesterday we drove home and today I get to start the piles of laundry.  How does 3 days away create so much laundry??

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well!

3 comments:

  1. Asher is such a handsome little guy!! It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend away with family. I love his basket too. You put some great stuff in there that I wish I had thought of for Jack. :) Glad you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very dapper indeed! I love his outfit, especially the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liam got an Elmo in his basket too! I absolutely LOVE those socks. I think they made the outfit (followed close by the cute bow-tie!)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails