Thursday, April 28, 2011

put a fork in him

I don't know if you noticed, but Asher got some special utensils in his Easter basket.


He has shown some interest in using a spoon as I feed him so I decided to get a few spoons and forks that would be easier for little hands to hold.

Yesterday I gave Asher a spoon and let him do what he would to his yogurt.



He was very intentional about trying to get the yogurt into his mouth, but had varying degrees of success.


How cute is this creamy goatee?!  Love it!


After a few minutes, Asher decided enough was enough and handed the whole mess over to me.  I probably scooped 3 spoonfuls off of his face.  ha!

Today we decided to tackle the fork.  Ash doesn't really have much experience with forks at all since {until recently} he refused to eat foods that weren't pureed or eaten with fingers.  Because of this I wasn't sure if he'd know what to do, but never fear - some things are just natural.  He was stabbing and scooping like a champ.

More often than not the macaroni wouldn't come off of the fork so Asher would pull it off and move mac, fork, and fingers into his mouth.  Hey - you gotta do what it takes folks.

I grabbed the video camera and taped a bit of the action. 

My favorite is when Asher drops a few pieces and goes after them with the fork.  This boy cracks me up!



He's getting so big! 

2 comments:

  1. HA! Go Asher! He's great using the fork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! He's doing so well! Sometimes using a utensil is the only way Noah eats. I stick or scoop and he directs it into his mouth. Many times I have to put the utensil down so he can pick it up himself and do it all on his own. Sad he's growing up but happy that I'll get to eat my dinner with the rest of the family:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails