Sunday, April 17, 2011

asher walks!

My little guy has decided that walking is for the birds.  While all of his friends {bloggy and real-life} were cruising past him, he was happy to crawl around.

Drew and I have been encouraging him to walk and Ash will usually take a few steps before diving into our arms.  I think that was his favorite part.

The boy totally CAN walk, he just doesn't want to.  Little stinker!

Anyway, over the past few days A has started walking much, much better.  He still doesn't take off on his own, but there is less diving and more controlled steps.  Asher even changed directions the other day - wow!

Tonight I got some video of his walking - just in case it never happens again.  He still looks a little, um, Frankenstein in his gait, but let's not split hairs.  Walking is walking.

{Hope you don't get too seasick watching this - sorry.  It's really hard to take video of someone who's walking towards you, plus I was trying to be ready to catch in case of a fall!}

Without further ado, my little walker!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! Nothing holding you back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Asher!! Your world (and your mama's world!) is really about to change!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wide stance they take when the start out. Noah still does it from time to time on unfamiliar surfaces (we walked on sand yesterday for the first time...). Go Asher!!:) Time to put everything up higher now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!! I love the Frankenstein-ishness of it! :) I feel the same way about B talking... he can but he won't. LOL Stinkers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go asher! he is just so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails