Thursday, April 21, 2011

in the spirit of full disclosure

This blog is a place where I store my day-to-day memories.  There are so many little things I would have completely forgotten about if they hadn't been recorded here.  That's why I love blogging!   

While I most love to write about the fun times, the hilarious stuff that Asher says and does, and the sentimental memories - I have to stay honest - every day isn't a picnic and every photo isn't one for a greeting card.

But you know what - this is my life and I want to remember all of it!

Today you're privy to a dose of what life has been like around here recently.  For the entire month of April {it feels like} I've been on the run.  It's all been for good reasons - welcoming visitors, traveling, baking lots of desserts for friends, etc - but still, it's been busy.

Because of that, a few things have fallen by the wayside, including keeping my house clean.  If you know me, you know that having an organized, clean home is usually a top priority.  So, instead of having the toys picked up at the end of the day, my living room has looked more like this 24/7.




Yikes.

Asher has also been having a bout of serious whining recently.  Hard to believe, I know!

He's been really {really} clingy - like literally holding on to my pants/shirt/arm/leg....


and has been making this face a ton.


Lord have mercy.

I know his clingy-ness won't last long, so when he grabs on and demands attention I try to give it to him.  Sweet boy just needs his mama a little extra right now!  {and it is nice to be wanted :-)}

We're visiting our family for Easter weekend, but after that we're homebound for awhile!  Hopefully that will help us all re-center and get back to normal.

Please tell me that you all have messy houses and whiny toddlers too.  Please!  ha!  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I have both!

    I think the state of the house kinda freaks my hubby out when he first gets home but seriously, I am not following behind him and cleaning all day long!

    Oh, and Coop's seperation anxiety is through the roof these days! He follows me around the house and wraps his little arms around my legs...it's nice to be so loved at times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl!!! I know that face!!! P has been super whiny and clingy. Some days, I think I might go a tad crazy from it. Oh, and my house looks just like yours. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally caught up on your blog! You really have been busy. It must be the warmer weather!

    Jack goes through stages where he's clingy, but now all he wants to do is walk and he doesn't even want me to hold him anymore. :( So I say, give him the attention and cuddles now while he wants it! Soon enough he'll be running from you. Haha!

    And yes, I try very hard to keep my house nice, especially now that Jack is getting into EVERYTHING, but some days you just have to throw up your arms and leave it for another time. You're only one person and can only do so much! If you ever need a pick-me-up, just watch an epsiode of Hoarders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seraya is very clingy these days and super whiny. I figure it is just a stage and just keep reminding myself that it will pass. And my house is a mess, and although it bugs me sometimes, I remember what my dad says to me, "A messy house is a house that is busy living" One day, our babies will be gone and our houses will be super clean and I bet we will miss that mess! SO instead I focus on enjoying Seraya and the mess. If I have time to pick up every now and then, I do. But if I don't, I remember what my dad tells me and try not to worry about it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get a kick out of those mommas who blog and have beautifully spotless houses. I like to pretend that lurking just beyond the camera view is a tall pile of toys ready to come crashing down in a multi colored plastic avalanche:) As for me? well, my house is in a constant state of disarray. I just found my kitchen counter this am after nearly a week of it being MIA. And a walk thru our TV room is an adventure as you try to dodge the toychest explosion.

    Thanks for keeping it real:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails