Thursday, February 12, 2009

talents of old

A little over a year ago I took a cake decorating class. I was looking for something fun to do on a weeknight while Drew was traveling for work and this class seemed to fit the bill! It was a lot of fun and not too hard to learn. I'm not very artistic, so that's saying a lot!

I think the hardest part was reversing all of the right-handed directions for myself. It's not easy being a lefty in a right-handed world.


The only bad part about the class is that it required making cakes every week. What 2 people can eat a cake a week without gaining 20 pounds?! I threw away a lot of cake and stopped practicing once the class was over.

I wonder if I can still decorate like this



or like this




Maybe I should pick it back up again. Anyone have a celebration coming up?

I could use some practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails