Thursday, October 31, 2013

happy halloween!

When planning the kids' costumes I knew I wanted to do something as a theme for the two of them.  Asher is still young enough that he'll let me pick his costume (yay!) and Hadley obviously didn't care.  It ended up being a harder than I thought...

Ideas from the short list:

Peter Pan & Tinkerbell (rejected because I think we'll have a LOT of princess years in our future - no need to jump the gun)
Fireman & Dalmatian
Cow & Piggy

I still think any of these would have been darling, but ultimately decided to go with something a little more tongue-in-cheek.

You guys.  They have the need.  The need for speed.

Happy Halloween from Maverick and Goose!



(who refused to give me a decent picture together, but anyway.)

Babies dressed as farm animals is maybe the cutest thing ever so when I thinking of character pairs and realized that Goose could be a literal translation I jumped at it.



Except - well, did you know they don't sell goose costumes commercially?

Ducks, yes!  
Chickens, yes!  
Geese, nope.  

I looked high and low and Google let me down.  I was already committed to this idea so I did the next best thing and made Hadley's costume.  I bought the hat on Etsy but made the rest!  It turned out great but, honestly, costume design is NOT my thing.  Next year I'm buying costumes all the way.


We had a little neighborhood Halloween party on Sunday and the kids were a hit!



I'm sort of a celebrity now too.


But it was really Maverick who worked the crowd.


He also loved the decorate-your-own-cookie station.


and the bobbing donuts.  But he just couldn't not use his hands - ha!




Tonight we're going trick or treating and I can't wait to raid the candy after the kiddos go to bed.  (bwahaha - scary, right?)




Hope you all have fun too!


5 comments:

  1. Love this! So creative and it came together great. Have fun trick or treating! It's been canceled here due to impending storms. Is this real life? I didn't know "they" could actually move holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite post so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these and I am seriously jealous that Asher will still let you pick his costume. I had one year that I could choose a costume and at 21 and now 34 months, my daughter has VERY STRONG opinions about what she dresses as.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I believe I found this. My son's name is Maverick and we have a daughter that will be 8 months for Halloween so we had this same idea for their costumes. Can you tell me how you made the goose costume?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to give you more details! Your comment is set up so that I can't reply directly via email and that would be the easiest way to share how I did it all. Can you send me an email at gussiedupbabyshop@gmail.com and I'll reply to that! 😊

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails