Friday, March 30, 2012

phone dump friday

I haven't been able to blog during the last few Fridays and really missed sharing all the photos that gather on my phone. I use this thing A TON to capture life as it happens!

For starters, check out my awesome March Madness bracket - all of my Final 4 teams are still in it! Drew's pretty mad at me for not entering our family competition. There might be a little $$ involved. : )

For the past few weeks Asher has been pointing to the featured books on the back of his nightly story, asking to read a book that we don't have. He wanted to read it SO badly, so we took a trip to the library - fingers crossed that they would have it.

Ash insisted on bringing his reference book along so I wouldn't get the wrong one - ha!

Lucky day for us...the library had it! Woo hoo!

Asher calls it "library book" and carries it around all the time. So sweet. We might have to put a copy of this story in his Easter basket {don't tell}.

Speaking of so sweet - every few days my little guy is extra loving. I know I showed a photo like this before, but just the other morning A insisted we hold hands while eating breakfast. He knows the way to his mama's heart, for sure.

During the rest of the week he rotates between regular sweet and, um, not so sweet. We've been testing a lot of limits, throwing fits, and showing major displeasure when the boss {that's me} makes a call that's not popular with the toddler segment.

This afternoon Asher wanted a snack and I rejected all of his top 3 suggestions - cookies, Popsicle, and cereal bar. After a bit of crying {that didn't work on this mean mommy} Asher decided he'd go the martyr route and requested a slice of plain bread.

Fine by me.

Ha ha - this boy makes me laugh so hard sometimes.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

 

4 comments:

  1. 'the martyr route" lol!!! That's hilarious!

    Ava is also currently testing limits, and snack/meal time is one of the biggest issues. We'll sit down to dinner and she's say "goldfish fruit snacks?" Um, no. Try a well balanced meal that required a bit of effort. Ugh.

    I swear those books with other books' pictures on the back are the biggest marketing ploy EVER. Seriously, Ava will spot the one we don't have and request it daily until it suddenly appears - although it's definitely good for knowing what the Easter Bunny should bring, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute trip to the library. Glad he found his book. And I love the hand holding during breakfast. I have one of those pics too! And tantrums, yea, we know about those! Poor martyr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad for you that you didn't have money going on your bracket... you picked the winning team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that I would have asked you for assistance with my work bracket!!! I would have undoubtedly be holding my brand new iPad !!! ;)

    Your posts are always so neat and clean and nicely put. I admire you and your blogging. :) Mine are always so ... messy and ADHD like. hahaha

    Asher sounds like a great little kiddo. :) :) :) can't wait to read all about #2! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails