Thursday, March 8, 2012

magical times

I mentioned that we were heading off to another adventure and we did! Drew and I brought Asher down to Florida to see Disney World and visit his grandparents!

There are a ton of photos on my big camera, but I won't be going through those and editing them until next week. For now, here's the Instagram recap of our fun so far. :-)

At first Asher definitely thought the "adventure" we told him about was going to the airport to see planes up close. ha!

He was so, so good on the plane! Now that he's 2 we had to buy him a seat and I was very grateful - he's a bear to share with! We hooked him up with books and cars while the plane started out, then once we reached cruising altitude Asher could watch a movie on the iPad and all was right in the world. Of course he didn't nap AT ALL and I was pretty worried about how that would affect the rest of our day. This boy needs his nap!

Lucky for us he did absolutely awesome, despite no nap. Once we finally got to Disney World {we stayed at the Contmeporary Resort on site} he charmed his way into a few Mickey stickers from every attendant between the parking lot and the registration desk and was good to go.

We arrived just in time to watch fireworks from our balcony - that blue smear is Cinderella's castle - my iPhone couldn't really do it justice {to say the least...}. This was A's first time seeing fireworks and he wasn't a fan of all the loud booms. I thought he'd like the cool colors and designs they make, but he mostly just buried his face in my shoulder. Oh well - no big deal.

The next day we hit the Magic Kingdom with Grandma and Papa. I was a little unsure how it would go with a 2 year old but Ash had so much fun!!

We did a bunch of rides and shows, then {in a very uncharacteristic move} Ash took a nap in his stroller.

Going down...

And, he's out!

This is the 3rd time in his life that he's slept in the stroller. The parents were quite tickled.

Since no one was sure how this whole Disney thing would go over with Asher we decided to keep it to a one day adventure this time around. We ended our day with a character breakfast - which seriously sent Asher over the top. He l-o-v-e-d it!

We're living the relaxing life at Drew's parent's house now, so until you hear from me again, I'll be here...

8 comments:

  1. This make me miss Disney! I loved taking the kids there! I can't wait to go back. Enjoy your relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun trip! We're considering going this summer - this may be just the post I needed to sway David :P

    And um, can I please go there too to relax? That looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! And glad to hear the plane ride went well... I am so afraid of that when comes time with Liam! haha Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to take P! I know she would be over the moon. Im totally jealous!!! By the way, I'm so right with you on the sleeping in the stroller thing. I hope this next babe is more willing. I love Asher's face in the goofy picture. He has a such a sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How super fun! Again, I'm so jealous. And I'm glad y'all are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun!! I'm still trying to convice Michael that we need to take Bryson soon, bu he doesn't want to go for a few more years so B will remember it. Boo. SO ready to go; it loks like y'all are having so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun trip! I'm glad Asher loved his day at Disney. I absolutely cannot wait to take Jack one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails