Friday, June 3, 2011

how mommy runs errands

Asher and I had to run some errands yesterday.  Mainly, we had to pick up some shoes from the cobbler.  You read that right.  Drew needed to have some new heels put on his work shoes, so we decided to give our local cobbler a try.  It was SO much cheaper than buying new shoes and they look amazing!

The cobbler {sure, I could call it a shoe repair shop, but cobbler is so much more fun! ha!} is about a mile from our house so we wanted to walk, but it's been ridiculously hot here.  The temp dropped to 87 yesterday afternoon, so Ash jumped in the stroller and off we went.

While I was strapping him in I couldn't help but notice just how BIG he looks in it now.  His feet almost reach the foot rest - when did that happen??


Wow.


By the time we got within a block of the cobbler the sweat was starting to pour and we needed a little refreshment.  Miracle of all miracles we walked right past an adorable frozen custard shop.  Yay!  Asher and I usually go for frozen yogurt, but decided to treat ourselves with a little custard today.


YUM.


Asher was definitely a fan {even though this looks like a grimace, he was signing "more" the whole time}


Little man got pretty thirsty and, of course, I forgot his water cup this trip, so we had to improvise.  Fortunately I always have a bottle of water in the stroller cup holder.  I put a regular straw in it and Asher got a drink.


He loved the novelty of drinking from the big bottle with a red straw. 


I wanted to take some photos at the cobbler's shop - it was seriously like stepping back in time - but I had to take Asher out of the stroller to get inside and running free was a little dangerous.  I needed all my wits and both hands to ensure our survival.  Maybe next time.  :-)

I'm heading north to help my sister move this weekend.  The boys will be staying home and having fun here without me.  Hopefully there will be some good stories to share on Monday.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. how are they getting so big! :( he looks like a toddler! bring our babies back asap!

    have a fun trip to your sisters... don't work too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I want to try the "cobbler" if it's that much cheaper! Terence goes through shoes like nobody's business and it ain't cheap! Asher looks so PRECIOUS :) :) :) Becky Branch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails