Thursday, February 3, 2011

this, that, and the other thing

It's been a boring sort of week for us.

 
While most of the country is getting buried in record amounts of snow we've had something of a warm-up around here.  Yesterday was in the 50s!  That's ridiculously warm for February!  Asher and I celebrated by leaving our winter jackets at home and venturing out in our sweatshirts only.

Sweet freedom!

I can't overstate how unbelievably cumbersome it is to get a toddler in and out of a rear facing, 5 point harness car seat with a big 'ole winter coat on.  The prospect makes me want to stay home sometimes. {that's dumb, I know}  Asher takes the whole process really, really well, but still.  It's annoying.

I didn't realize just how annoying it was until we went without the big coat yesterday.  SO MUCH EASIER!  Needless to say, we're excited for spring to get here {someday}.

Speaking of convertible car seats...you have to check out this makeover that my blogging friend Emily did on her car seat.  She got a hand-me-down seat to have on hand as an extra and it was looking a little rough.  So what did she do - she made a new cover for it!  Amazing!  I was uber impressed, to say the least.  Now I totally want a rockin' custom cover for Asher's ride!

In other random news, I left a really awkward voice mail yesterday - with Asher's help, of course.  I was vacuuming the kitchen and left Ash playing in the living room.  When I came back to check on him A had somehow grabbed my phone and called my former lactation consultant.  Apparently, someone misses mama's milk and would like to figure out a way to get it back.  What he doesn't know is that it would take a lot more than a phone call to the LC.  ha!

When he's not making calls on my phone Ash has really loved reading on his own recently. 



I caught him standing at the couch and reading his stories the other day.  So cute!




This has been a completely random post, but there hasn't been too much going on here {sorry}.  Just lots of playing music




drinking milk


and looking out the windows at all the melting snow.


There are some exciting things planned for this weekend, though, so more then!

4 comments:

  1. I loved all the pics! He's such a cutie pie!

    Are you leaving Asher in his coat while he's in the carseat? I don't normally give advice but they don't recommend them being in their carseats with their coats on because it leaves too much of a gap in the harnesses. Maybe, you're not and I'm just reading wrong. It's a hassle but I take Cooper in and out of his jacket while traveling.

    Anyways, I'm glad that you guys are having some nicer weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and yay for extended rear-facing! We're doing the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics of lil Asher, as usual. Yay for extended rear-facing!!!! B is doing the same too. I would love to have some 50 degree weather!!!! We are at a high of 16 today and not loving it. Man... the though of Spring... amazing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper cute pics...is there anything more precious than a baby reading? I love the last one of him out by the window looking outside...snow!!!

    While it's been unseasonably warm there, it's freezing here. Like windchill into the negatives. And while I thought negative meant below 32, apparently it means below actual 0 fahrenheit. That just goes to show how long I've lived in a warm place!!

    Hopefully I'll have pics of our own little snow-dusted world tomorrow!

    BTW - I got that same toy organizer/holder thing you guys have, and I LOVE it! Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails