Tuesday, February 15, 2011

boon!

Drew and I had to run some errands on Saturday, so to break it up we decided to stop for lunch at Red Robin.

I'd just like to take a second and mention that this was our Valentine's Day dinner as well.  Having kids sure changes things!  ha!  Drew did offer to buy me a milkshake to make it more special.

One shake - two straws, please.  We're trying to keep the romance alive over here.

Anyways, we had a lot of fun!  I brought Asher's food with us since he still isn't quite up for a burger.  You could tell that our server was no stranger to having kiddos at his tables because he brought Asher...a balloon!


The hero worship practically waved off of Ash's body when that floating wonder arrived.


Drew tied it to the highchair and A spent the rest of lunch pulling his balloon down and bouncing it around.  He was so cute and kept saying, "boon!  boon!"



When we got home the fun continued.  Fortunately the balloon served a secondary purpose of encouraging Asher to stand by himself to grab the string.  It only happened once or twice, but that's more than he's ever stood before. {these photos show him holding onto the toy box, but he did let go once! really!}



Go Asher!


To fully explain my love for this boy, I have to tell you that I hate balloons.  Like really hate them.  They terrify me.  I'm someone who is extremely easily startled and the startle potential of balloons is through the roof.  That said, I let Asher enjoy his balloon and kept my cool.

I'm glad he had fun - but will freely admit I was relieved when his 'boon' started to sag and needed to be put down.

Until next time, boon.  Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. Ha love it!! And whatever it takes to get our babies to stand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ate O'Charley's for V-day dinner so yeah, I get ya :)

    I always ask for balloons at restaurants that have them because Cooper is entertained for the entire dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR POSTS ARE ADORABLE. :) B loves balloons too. We still have his from his 1st birthday party (dec 18th!!!!) and he loves to point at them... but unlike Asher... he can't even spit out "boon". Stinker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Red Robin!!! It's great that your kids can be loud and no one will care! LOL!!! We always go to the one in Beachwood.

    Have a good one!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Asher!! Jack loves balloons as well. I'm not scared of balloons one bit, but I do get paranoid when Jack is playing with one. I love "boon" though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!

    Ava LOVES balloons, but I do worry about the "startle potential". She once tried to bite through one - we had to discard it really quickly so that we didn't have a lifelong phobia on our hands - or a choking hazard!

    If it makes you feel any better, our Valentine's Day dinner (for the second year in a row) was takeout. Ahh, romance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails