Tuesday, February 8, 2011

a day out

For some reason, one of my biggest pet peeves is when Asher's hair gets too long.  I never thought that I'd care very much either way, but with him I love a short haircut.  When his hair gets too long it hangs in his face and just doesn't look as cute!

Remember this little hairy monster?  ha!


I noticed last week that it was getting close to time for another cut, so yesterday we headed off to the mall for a trim!  I always laugh when I go in and they ask me if it's his first cut.  Um, no, this is his 4th!  ha!  This boy was born with a ton of hair and I've been trying to keep up with it ever since!  :o)


This was a big visit for us because Asher sat in the chair by himself for the first time.  Usually he sits on my lap, but we decided to try it on his own this time around.  He is ONE now after all.  I was so nervous that he would have a problem sitting alone that I completely forgot to take photos {boo, mommy}. 

He did great!!  The hairdresser gave him a truck to hold, but all he wanted was his own comb.  Once she gave him a comb he sat perfectly still and watched the goings-on in the mirror.  She said several times how great he was.  Yay, Asher!




To celebrate the successful hair cut I decided to take us to Chick-Fil-A.  I'm still trying to get Ash to eat different foods, so I hoped that maybe he'd try some chicken nuggets.  We must have been on some sort of roll - because he did!  I tore it into small pieces and he ate several strips.  It only totaled like half a nugget at the end, but it was something!



{that's not a yuck face - he's just chewing}

Unfortunately, that's where the great news ended.

Once we got home I smelled a poo, but never expected the poo-tastrophe that I discovered upon pulling A out of his car seat.  It was all over his clothes - gross, gross, gross.  That's right.  3 grosses.

This hardly ever happens to us, so I can't complain too much.  I am just so glad that we came right home, rather than hitting Target like I'd originally planned.  Thanks up there!  :o)

Needless to say, Ash got right into the bathtub and got all squeaky clean before his afternoon nap.  We spent the rest of the day playing and trying to get some good photos of his new haircut.  No luck there - maybe today!



8 comments:

  1. That first photo is hilarious!

    Sorry about the poop apocalypse! You don't expect those much at this stage but when they happen, watch out!

    The church nursery ladies put Cooper's diaper on half-ass, literally! The diaper was half on his butt cheek and this is when he decided to take a monster pop...it was everywhere...and, it was nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute haircut! And awesome, rockin guitar pants! I've yet to take Liam to get his first haircut... Does it seem to grow faster now that you've cut it so many times?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the haircut and the jammies! Maybe one day Holden will have enough to get a hair cut! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cutie! When James' hair starts getting a little long it bugs me SO bad, so I am right with you on that! I am having a difficult time with Ada's hair though. I really want to cut it, but she is a girl and I guess it needs to not look like a boy! LOL! I love his little hair cut, it always amazes me how much a little hair cut can make little boys look like big boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is looking so big...and handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for great haircut adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is quite a handsome little guy! I'm glad the haircut went well. I have been thinking of taking Jack to Chick-fil-a one of these days too. Yay for eating chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. B loves chicken!!! All forms, nuggets, strips, anything chicken he usually chows it down. :) In pieces, of course. That's awesome that Asher was so great during his 4th haircut. I have been putting off B's 2nd.... it'll be happening soon though. The stylist can do such a short haircut, like Asher's, with just scissors???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails