Thursday, February 24, 2011

the good life

There's just something special about vacation, isn't there?  I mean, how can you not enjoy life when the only pressing thing is the chaise lounge cushion against your back?


I wasn't sure what to expect on our first trip with a bonafide toddler, but it was really great!  I tried to keep Asher on his regular eating and sleeping schedule as much as possible - that helped a ton.  He thrives with his schedule and was such a happy boy for the most part {despite lots of eating out, going swimming, new and exciting things in general}.

We went on lots of adventures, but some things were just a given, no matter what else was happening. 

Each morning Ash enjoyed Cheerios while the rest of the house {minus me} slept past 7.


There was lots of crawling




and going for walks in the sunshine {I appreciated that "Captain Adorable" let me take the helm}




pelican watching


loving his Grandma and Papa.




There may have been a birthday dinner for Drew!




{hippo came along to celebrate}


There was a trip to the Farmers Market - complete with kettle corn. 



and lots of ocean gazing.




Counting my blessings has never been so easy.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like a fantastic trip!! Did you happen to be in Destin, by any chance?

    That picture with Asher and grandma is a definite framer! So cute!!! Lovin' the "Captain Adorable" onesie - isn't warm weather in the "winter" the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful!!! Yay for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous vacay :) It is hard to stick to routine when away but agree necessary for the wee ones :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful sunny warm escape! Glad to hear A did so well. Um I love your stroller! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...could he be any cuter???!! I love the picture of him in the hat and the one of him in the high chair. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails