Thursday, November 4, 2010

proud to be an american

On the first Tuesday of November Asher learned about a very important civic responsibility.  He went with me to vote!


This was the first election that I went to vote in since he was born.  {In Cleveland we had a great absentee-style option so I could mail my ballot in from home - very handy with a tiny baby}  Ash loves to go on adventures these days, so this was a must-do. 


Unfortunately we had a paper ballot {waaay old school!} so there wasn't much for Asher to see, but I showed him each step regardless and explained what was going on.  The senior citizens running the polling place were so excited to talk with and fuss over Asher.  To be honest, I think that was his favorite part.

After we sent our ballot into the giant collection box we got a sticker!  Score!  Voting is so fabulous!



In an interesting twist, by the time we got home Asher's sticker had completely vanished.  It wasn't anywhere on his coat, clothes, or car seat.  I've been checking his poo - but really, how can someone eat a sticker without it getting, well, stuck in his mouth??  I don't think he ate it - mystery!

Asher {and I} voted - did YOU?

4 comments:

  1. Cooper has been to vote 3 times since he was born :) I don't miss a single voting opportunity so neither will he! I even put his first voting sticker in his baby book...

    Asher looks like he had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Asher! You are teaching him early so when he gets older, he will know the importance of voting.

    I like the scrunch nose picture. Seriously cute, Emily. And I should mention, he looks A LOT like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the faces he makes are soo funny! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Too cute. I love that you got him a sticker too. We have mail in only here. I actually prefer going to the polls, but I guess I might be wierd. Cute pictures!

    If he did eat the sticker Im sure it would dissolve pretty well. E seems to literally put eveything in his mouth!!! He got one of C's book order forms and a whole corner was just missing! I rhink he ate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails