Friday, November 12, 2010

favorite thing friday - christmas cards!

Can I just start out by saying that I love Christmas.  Like really, really love it!  I'm the person who starts playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.  That's me with the Christmas tree up from December 5th until New Years.

Making 6 different kinds of cookies and 2 kinds of candy?  Yeah, that's me.

Watching It's a Wonderful Life while in labor with Asher last year?  Me again.

I love Christmas - and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

One of my favorite Christmas-y things?  Sending and receiving cards!  It all starts about this time of year.  I get going by searching for the perfect card to frame our family photo.  As much as we'd like to do better, the fact is that a lot of people on our card list only 'see' us this time of year.  That's a lot of pressure to look good and catch the eye of people who already have their mantle stuffed with cards!  Ha!

Last year I actually skipped sending a card {shock!} because Asher's arrival was imminent.  Instead of sending Christmas cards I waited and just sent everyone a birth announcement in mid-January.  Not very holiday spirited - now I have to make up for it!

For Christmas 2008 I ordered a card from Shutterfly.  It was a hit!  Check out Drew and I on our summer vacation to Maine.
I'm definitely going with Shutterfly for a photo card again this year.  They have so many new designs that I love.  The hard part will be picking one.

On one hand, I love a card that features one great photo, a la:



But...on the other hand, there has been so much going on this year that a card like this might be more fun!  I love the  idea of showing how Asher has grown from newborn to first birthday.


Any suggestions?  What are your favorite designs?

The other thing I'm in love with this year are these cool gift tags.  I always end up using the boring sticky kind, but these are so neat.  Who knows, maybe I'll treat myself this year and grab some!


Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly, go to http://bit.ly/sfly2010

3 comments:

  1. I love Shutterfly's cards too but sometimes find them a little pricey. I've also found Vistaprint.com, which is another great website with more reasonable prices. Good luck deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! :) I just signed up for Shutterfly last week and plan on ordering cards as soon as I get the pictures from our photo shoot. I personally prefer the cards that allow you to use more than one picture, especially when kids are involved! That one that showcases the whole year is really cool too! I think that would be great for those family and friends who haven't gotten the chance to see Asher. Have you considered doing a family newsletter? I think I'll wait until Jack is a little older, but it's definitely something I want to do. As long as you put Asher's adorable face on it, your card is going to be wonderful!

    Oh, and I love Christmas too! There's a radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if you get it or not, but it's 97.1 Wash FM. I LOVE music, movies, decorations, food, traditions...it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i HEART shutterfly. I've gotten many a product from their site and I am always very happy with the end result!!!! I am excited to have some pictures taken of our new little fam and figure out what would work best for which layout. So fun! :) Can't wait to see what you pick for this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails