Monday, November 22, 2010

oh, boy

Based on some of your comments from my last post I'm guessing I haven't officially announced that Asher is standing up yet! 

Asher is standing!  At everything!



He's also cruising along the furniture, but has yet to stand independently or take any solo steps.  I can wait.  In fact, I insist that he slow down right now.


A very exciting thing that happened over the weekend is that Ash learned how to get down from a standing position!  Yay!  This might seem obvious {and something that should go hand-in-hand with standing} but it wasn't easy for Mr. A.  He spent the past few weeks standing, and standing, and standing...until I would come by and help him sit down. 

The biggest time this was a problem was in the crib.  He'd stand up, then not be able to get down!  I was going in many, many times to lay him down.  It's a huge relief to me that he can now sit down on his own.  Way to go bear!

Asher has been acting more and more like a boy recently.  He loves to wrestle {especially with Daddy} and keeps 'growling' at me.  I ask him to go back to making cute baby noises and he just looks at me and does a monster bark.  When I asked Drew if we should be concerned that he pounds his toys together and attacks anyone who is sitting on the floor and he said, 'no Em.  He's a boy.'




Oh.  Ok.

Sometimes I still my sweet baby peeking through.


Most often you just have to look at the big picture to see why.  He already knows when there's some 'getting in trouble' potential - then the charm practically oozes out.


Hope you all are having a great Monday!  Only 2 days of work for Daddy this week - yay!

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I love Drew's response! Gotta love our boys. And yay Asher for figuring out how to sit down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could get our boys together to play! They are so close in age. Jarrett is pulling up on everything too & it scares me! I also found a lightbulb from our Christmas tree in his mouth this past weekend. That was awesome. NOT. I need 5 extra eyes on this kid!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails