Thursday, November 4, 2010

emily, unplugged

Since you all are my friends I wanted to give you a little heads up as to what is happening this week.

I am taking a computer break.

That's right.  A break.  As in, not using it.  For 7 days.

I can't really explain how this came about except to say that I feel prompted to unplug for awhile.  I've been feeling out of sorts recently and need some time to reflect and redirect my efforts.  The thing is - I love to blog!  And I love to read blogs!  The problem is that recently, every time I have some down time I find myself drifting over to the computer and all of the sudden POOF my whole evening is gone.   

How does that happen?

Instead of doing that {or checking Facebook, my other major time hog} I want to spend my free time serving my family, praying, writing in my journal, etc.  I couldn't make it forever {hey - I'm not going Amish here people}, but for an intentional, dedicated block of time I want to be without my computer.

Since my email comes through on my phone I'll still be checking all of that, so if you want to chat send me a note or give me a call.  I'm not trying to be isolated here - just taking a break from the internet at large!

All this to say, I'll miss you, but will most definitely be back!  In fact, I'll be back next Friday - you can set your watches by it.  There's no way I'll last longer than 7 days.  HA!  See you all on the flip side!  :o)


{Sorry especially to the grandparents, aunts, and uncles who look for Asher each day - thanks for understanding}

8 comments:

  1. First, he is so adorably handsome!!! I love it! And second, I completely understand your need to unplug for awhile. I've been feeling the same way- before I know it my evening is gone and I've spent it all on the internet. I've also considered taking some time off from these things, but right now I'm working on a movie for Jack's 1st birthday!

    I know you're going to have an amazing week and enjoy having extra time for things you love to do. When you're ready to come back, can you please e-mail me your address? And look me up on facebook if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll miss you... but I totally understand how blogging, Facebooking and other fun Internet stuff can totally make your evenings go POOF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily! I totally feel eactly what you mean! I think I need to try and unplug too. I hope you have an amazing week with your family and yourself:) Oh and feel free to look me up on facebook too ; ) Oh and I love that picture and outfit on Asher. I found a similar OshKosh BGosh sweater vest and shirt I was going to get for E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs a break sometime. We will be here when you get back! Asher looks very handsome by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break! :) We'll look forward to seeing you when you return.

    His little smile is toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gasp! I miss you already! but I appreciate your need for a break. I've been trying to break away from Facebook for awhile now... see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being "unplugged" sounds nice! Enjoy and can't wait to hear all about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had an AWESOME week spending a little (ok, a lot) of extra time with your sweet family! I feel like I should do the same exact thing everyonce in a while. I could get SOOO much housework done after Bryson goes to sleep instead of reading blogs. But who wants to do that!? haha!!

    Can't wait to hear all about your fun week!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails