Friday, July 15, 2016

heading to the shore

Every year we take a beach vacation week with Drew's family.  The past few years we've gone to South Carolina, but this year we stayed closer to home and visited the Jersey Shore.  Getting a family of 5, including one little baby, ready for a week at the beach is no small feat.  Between packing clothes, swimsuits, towels, toys, bouncy chairs, Boppy pillows, diapers...and on and on...and making some food to bring and share with 20+ people it took me a good part of the preceding week to get ready!

One of my favorite things to do is to make a little personalized something for each of the kids.  I didn't make shirts this year, so it was shell bags instead!  They turned out really cute and is something I hope they'll be able to use from year to year.


I was scrolling through one of my favorite sewing pattern websites and Hadley saw this maxi dress while looking over my shoulder.  She gasped and asked if I could make her a "boo-tiful twirly dress" - so I did.  :-)  I think it will be perfect for beach pics!



We also rearranged the car seats to maximize the back packing area.  Asher was thrilled to be squeezed in between his siblings.  "Oh I love it!  It's so cozy!  Can we keep my seat here forever??!"


After we got everything ready it was time for the fun to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails