Monday, July 4, 2016

fourth of july

We celebrated a casual 4th of July this year.  The kids were gifted some fun patriotic clothes so, of course we had to wear them!  Asher hasn't even had a tank top before and he wasn't sure what to think.  He kept saying "Mom, my shirt is missing the sleeves.  Why doesn't it have sleeves?  I don't think I like this"  ha!  He got over it, but was pretty concerned for awhile.


The kids have been asking for a fire outside with marshmallows so Drew and I decided that the 4th was the perfect time!  Asher really wanted to go see fireworks, but we just couldn't this year since neither Hadley or Noel could handle being out until 9 or later.  A fire with s'mores was a good compromise.


After a very successful round of s'mores the bigs got to catch fireflies for the first time and had a ball. It was an old fashioned 4th of July, full of childhood classics!


I served in the church nursery on Sunday, so Noel and I wore our patriotic best.  His selfie game needs work, but we'll get there.  :-)


All in all, a great first 4th for this sweet guy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails