Sunday, July 24, 2016

beach week 2016

I'll be honest - going into this week I wasn't sure how it would go.  Traveling with a baby can be really tough and we didn't want to limit what the older kids could do just because Noel was along.  Add in that Drew had to work a few hours each day and I was pretty nervous about how we'd all hold up.  It turned out to be wonderful!  We had help from our family and Asher and Hadley were really patient and understanding when things had to wait a bit.  Noel isn't a high needs guy by any stretch, but even an "easy" baby is a lot of work, especially away from home.  A lot of times he'd be napping when people were at the beach, so I spent a good amount of time reading at the house, waiting for him to wake up.  I tried feeding him at the beach once but his major distraction kicked in and he couldn't handle it.  After that we ate at home.  :-)  One day the stars aligned and he was ready to beach it with everyone else!


I brought my camera down and got a few shots of Asher and Hadley having the time of their lives.



This guy hated the beach as a toddler and now he owns it!  The sand, the ocean - he likes it all.


There was a lot of major construction.  Several castles with moats, a tunnel, bridges, etc.  There isn't much these kids (and their uncles) won't try to build out of sand.



One afternoon the older kids went to play mini golf, but it was too hot for Mr. Noel so he and I stayed  home and played.  Love this goof!



When they got back Mr. Blue Eyes told me that he "sort of likes mini golf" - apparently he lost his ball at one point.  ha!  I think next year he'll do a little better.


Asher loves his goggles and would wear them all the time, even if he was running inside for a snack.  If he wanted to be a 6 year old boy for a good long while, I'd be ok with that.  This age is magic.



We did a LOT of swimming!







Our bedroom was the master, so we had room for all 3 kids to sleep in there with us.  That worked out better than it sounds like it would!  ha!  Noel's pack and play actually fit into the walk-in closet so we only had the 2 big kids on air mattresses in our room.  The really nice thing about the room is that it had it's own small balcony.  Hadley liked to go out there and spy on the neighbors.  I wish I was kidding.  She's a mess!


On the last day we made another family trek to the beach.  Noel didn't bother with the illusion of wearing a swimsuit.  




He did, however, put his toes in the sand.  :-)






A great time was had by all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails