Monday, July 8, 2013

her first fourth

Last week was an exciting one for us - it was our annual beach trip with Drew's family!  We've been doing this trip since before I was expecting Asher and it's fun to see how our family grows each year.  There are 7 kids from 4 months to 7 years so it's getting to be quite the crew - we love it!  Since we were there over the 4th of July Hadley got to have her first fourth with her extended family.


Of course I had to (try to) get some pics of her and Asher.


He was being his usual picture stinker self but I got a couple cute ones.  She loves him so!



Towards the end of the shoot Asher started giving me some really classic looks.


How do you spell exasperated?  Around here it's spelled A-S-H-E-R.




I made H's little outfit for the holiday.






This diaper cover took a couple tries, but I think I've got it down now - I have to make more just to make the effort worth it.  ha!


We spent the day playing at the beach and once dusk hit got ready to see fireworks.  Hadley was in bed, but Drew and I decided to let Asher stay up extra late with his cousins.  This was his first year seeing fireworks!  To kill some time until it got dark we took a flag/flashing pinwheel parade tour of the neighborhood.  We were quite the sight.  :-)



Love all these little boys!


Turns out Asher is still a little too young for fireworks.  By the time 10pm rolled around he was exhausted and started crying that we wanted his bed as soon as the fireworks started.  He wasn't a fan of the loud booms, but I think it was mostly being tired that ruined it for him.  Oh well - next year!


Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. cute pictures. I love the one where she looks like she's flying. I love her outfit too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, as always! I can't believe you made that diaper cover. It's so cute!! This was the first year we took jack to see fireworks too. He does not like loud noises at all but we were far enough away that it didn't bother him. However, staying up late is not new for him. I wish he'd get so exhausted he'd start asking for his bed! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Hattie girl!!! Love how she was just cheesing in every picture:) You made that diaper cover? Seriously girl? That's talent...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails