Monday, March 4, 2013

our weekend

Last weekend Asher {and every other kids who was there} got really sick after going to a birthday party on Friday.  We love having friends, but it's times like this that make being a hermit sound like an A-okay plan.  ha!  Since A was vomiting all night we didn't do anything except keep the popsicles coming.  We all deserved a weekend do-over this time around.  Asher celebrated by going to spend Friday night at his grandparents' house.  This boy doesn't need to go on vacation - just send him down the road every few weeks!  He was SO excited!


Little miss has been in rare form ever since she got her shots on Thursday.  This happened at the 2 month visit too - crying, not sleeping, generally cranky Hadley takes over for a few days.  Fun times.


She did settle long enough to get a few pictures in this adorable outfit I found in her closet.  This is actually a size 0-3mo so I was afraid we missed our chance to wear it.  So glad we didn't - I love it!


{and I actually found a hat in the drawer full of hats that fits her tiny head.  The 4 month doctor visit told us that H's head circumference puts her in the 3rd percentile - cute little bitty headed girl.  ha!}


On Saturday I was able to get out and buy some fun trim for a couple sewing projects I've been working on.  With H struggling to sleep I haven't been able to do much crafting, but that's how it goes.  Hoping to get back at it soon.  :-)


Sunday morning we all went to church!  For the 1st time in a month!  Seriously, this is the first week in a very long time that someone wasn't sick or up all night so we were able to go to church as a family.  Hadley has reached the point where she can't sleep in loud places, so I decided to try her in the nursery for the first time.  {This is a big step for mommy - I'm very proud of myself.}  She did great!


It was pretty cold here so the rest of our afternoon was spent playing inside.  Drew has had to travel for work a lot recently and we all enjoyed having him here for the weekend!  It doesn't sound like much excitement for a weekend, but, for us, it was just right.

Hope you all had a just right couple of days too.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Asher being sick and Hadley being cranky. :( Adorable pics, though!!!! What a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her little hat! She has the most precious and perfect face! She could be a baby model :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just found your blog. You have so sweet kids! So adorable and the clothes, too. I wonder what brand are the cute floral overalls? Can you tell me please? Many thanks in andvance and I am sending my best wishes to your family from Japan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The overalls are from Gymboree, but they are actually hand me downs from someone, so I don't know if they're available anymore. Sorry! They really are super cute, though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails