Monday, October 31, 2011

on the hunt...

for candy.


and kick balls.



and leaves under Daddy's Honda.  {yeah - I don't know either...}



R-O-A-R!!


Asher's a tiger for Halloween this year!


I don't think any costume {ever} will top last year's lobster - but we had to try.  :-)


As a side note, I have to say that this is seriously the best costume design I've seen.  It's from Carters and is fleece pants and a zip-up hoodie style top.  It is really easy to put on and feels like regular clothes, so Asher doesn't fight it.  Plus there's the huge bonus of him being able to wear these tiger pants all winter.

And he will.  Yay!


What better way for a tiger {and his candy pail} to get around than in his favorite wagon.


We don't have trick-or-treating until tonight, but there's no telling if Ash'll be up for it, so we went on a walk to show off his cute self in the afternoon.  :-)



While taking these shots, I learned that trying to photograph a tiger isn't easy.  Much like little boys, tigers enjoy running around and facing the opposite direction of any cameras that might be in the area.  This being the case, I had to take some tips from hunters of old - I baited the tiger and waited for the ambush.

My bait?  A Halloween pail with cookies in the bottom.

Come quick!  We caught one! 


Mom, there are cookies in here!


Dad, did you see these cookies?!


Yeesh - maybe we should have dressed him up as Cookie Monster.  oink oink.

Hope you all have fun with your little tigers {and monsters and princesses and farm animals} today! 





6 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Love the Tiger costume!! Perfect for this chilly/crazy weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little tiger!! And such an awesome concept with the pants and "hoodie". Jack wore his costume Saturday and Sunday and I think he's done with it now! I'm not sure if he'll put it on tonight or not. We'll see!

    I also want to tell you that I love the picture of his treat basket close-up with him blurry in the background. Awesome shot! Well they're all great, but I especially love that one! And the black and white of Drew pulling him is amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the awesome candy pail? I love that it's personalized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asher's treat pail is from Pottery Barn Kids! I got it last year and really love that he'll be able to use it year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest little tiger I've seen! Love the pictures; looks like he really had a fun night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw. Very Cute! I may be the weird one but Im not a fan of the carters two piece costumes. Lol. I don't like how puffy the "jacket part" is. It makes it tough to go in the car...and with my monster...there is no getting it back on if we take it off. I LOVE the black and white picture too! Great shots. Oh and the excited look when he sees whats in the basket...sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails