Thursday, October 27, 2011

down and out

Asher has been sicker this week than ever before in his 22 months.  He started coughing on Sunday, but seemed fine otherwise.  On Monday we went to the zoo and had a great time - but when he got up from his nap that afternoon he had his first-ever fever. 

The yucky fever has hit off and on over the past few days and yesterday we went to the pediatrician and got diagnosed with A's second ear infection.  Boo.  He's been refusing to eat, super clingy, not napping well, runny nosed, and coughing like a smoker.

Poor baby!

We've spent his every waking moment touching - Ash can't seem to bear to be away from me right now.  I get it - I like to be with my Mom when I'm sick too.  I love him and love all of this snuggle time! 

{although after he hits the hay at night I am d-o-n-e with being touched for the day - sorry Drew. ha!}

I typed this at lightening fast speed while a sick little boy takes his short nap.  All of this to say, we'll be back to regular posting {and blog reading} soon.  Send happy thoughts our way!

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon Asher!!

    We are also dealing with sickness... Liam's been VERY clingy all week so far and it's tough now that it's just me for now! Sleep is my friend! Make sure you take care of yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super happy thoughts your way!!! I saw he was sick on FB - poor little guy (and mama!). And has a truer statement ever been spoken than not wanting anyone else to touch you after having a toddler glued to you all day? I FEEL THAT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails