Monday, October 24, 2011

dapper asher

On Saturday Drew, Asher, and I attended the wedding of Drew's cousin Mike and his lovely, Nicole.  This was Asher's 3rd wedding, but first since he could walk.  For me, walking = needs a suit. 


Plus, I just really love dressing him up like a little man. 



ohmystars - the cuteness!


Since we knew that sitting through a wedding ceremony was just far enough past too far in toddler abilities Drew went to the ceremony solo.  Asher and I caught up with him at the reception.  By then we were ready to paaar-tay!




Asher did a pretty good job socializing and even said "hi" to a few people.  {This is something we've been working on a lot.  Normally he's super shy and clings to me while saying "no, no" in a scared voice whenever anyone new approaches him.}


After a disastrous attempt at leaving him in the child care area A enjoyed dinner with us and was ready to hit the dance floor.  This boy l-o-v-e-s to dance!  He was cutting a rug all night.


Running after an almost-2 year old meant that I didn't get any photos at the reception.  Darn it.  I really need to investigate having someone follow us around life with a camera {wouldn't that be so nice?!  maybe for Christmas  :-)}


We stayed out a few hours past Asher's normal bedtime, but he did fantastic.  No meltdowns at all!  In fact, he didn't even fall asleep on the ride home, despite being in his PJs.  Still too excited from the celebration, I guess!

Love him - and that little tongue. ha!


3 comments:

  1. TOO CUTE!! Where did you get that suit??? WOW dapper is right!!! :) What a stud muffin!!!! We took B to Pat's Cousin's wedding over the summer... it was a long drive and I should have known better than to think he would sit through the ceremony...so we started out in there but left shortly after everything started and went for a walk outside. Luckily, the weather was nice enough!!!! Great pics... and yes, I hear you on the not being able to capture everything while also minding a very active toddler. So goes life, huh? :) Thank goodness for our memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Great photos!! Yeah, I had the same problem at my cousin's wedding. Liam was a ring bearer - no way he was walking by himself. (as much practice as he had months prior). I was equipped with C-A-N-D-Y for the ceremony, but he did not sit still for 2 minutes! And I am usually what pros may call the "Uncle Bob" photographer at weddings... but I was taken over by my normal motherly duties of chasing around a toddler... I only managed to get a few. Oh well! It was still fun and I was glad that Liam got the opportunity to take part in a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His suit is from Crazy 8! Super cute and affordable :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails