Thursday, September 8, 2011

vacay phone snaps

Originally, the plan was that we'd leave for our vacation on Saturday morning.  Little did we know that Hurricane Irene would come and mess with those well-laid plans.  All week I had been packing, cleaning, shopping, and baking in anticipation for the trip. 

Once the coast was evacuated and we realized that we weren't going anywhere {sigh} Asher and I ditched the packing plan and played outside while the sun was still shining.

If we couldn't go to the beach, the beach would come to us.


Fortunately Irene weakened a lot and passed by the Jersey Shore with minimal damage.  We were able to get there by Monday and spent the next 5 days soaking in lots of sun, sand, and salt sprayed air.


Asher couldn't wait to start the fun and woke up early e-v-e-r-y morning.  {The toddler definition of vacation and the adult definition of vacation are rather different}  On my morning to get up with Asher - Drew and I took turns, so we did get some days to sleep in - we went right down to the beach and enjoyed the sun rise.


So beautiful.  :-)

We took a walk in the sand and had some special Mommy-Asher time.  So very worth getting up early.

4 comments:

  1. Are these phone pics? They are pretty nice! Yes, there's no such thing as "sleeping in" anymore with kids in our lives!

    Thanks for your comments on my latest blog. I think I may need to get that book. I will keep up the time out sessions and see where that leads us! Hopefully the book will help as well. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Irene didn't mess up y'all plans too bad! I love when Jack is home on the weekends or his days off so we can switch off days sleeping in. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Your phone camera is impressive. Love the little footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your phone does take nice pics!!!! I really like the 1st & last pics.... so cute :) And yes... vacations are definitely different with little ones!!! When we went to AZ B was up & at 'em after pulling into the house at 330AM... he was up at 8 AM. Ready to go .... hehe. Energizer bunnies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails