Friday, September 16, 2011

finishing up

The last day of vacation is always bittersweet for me.  While it's sad to leave behind the relaxed schedule, abundant snacks, unlimited time with Daddy, sun, sand, and surf - it's also exciting to be going home.


On our last few days Asher got to try out something brand new - biking!


Well, riding in a bike trailer.  He's still a bit small for the whole pedaling thing.


Asher l-o-v-e-d it!  Every time they'd roll into the driveway he'd look up from under his helmet and sign "more, more" over and over.  ha!


On our last days we also went for a little visit to my great-Aunt Betty.  She just adores kids - the feeling was mutual with A.  Aunt Betty is my grandfather's sister and has always been a special part of my life.  She lives at the shore full-time and as a child we would come to visit her with my grandparents.  Fun!



We had such a wonderful time at the beach this year.  As I said earlier, Asher totally warmed up to the shore and was actually sad to leave.  Drew and I felt really bad making him come home!  We're looking forward to next year already!


******************

Asher and I are going on a special mommy-son trip for a few days so I'll be MIA for awhile.  Drew is being left behind {sad - we'll miss you Daddy!!}.  See you all in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails